Wednesday, November 19, 2014

You Are What You Wear


You are what you wear...sounds a bit superficial....but I'm not talking designer labels and brands. I'm not talking chic or presumptuous. What I am talking about is how we dress for the day is a compass to where our day will take us. I've heard of an author who worked from home who would dress every day as if she were headed to the office. It made her feel as though she was ready to get down to business. That really spoke to me, because there has been many a day where I have failed to get out of my pajamas--thinking that there was nothing to dress for, no job, nowhere to go, and nothing to do. But I was wrong. I am slowly realizing that whatever I choose to dress in for the day guides me to where I need to go.  If I sport a workout outfit, I know eventually I will choose to go to the gym or for a walk. If I put on my casual clothes, I'm ready for errands. If I dress up, I'm ready for a night out. Whatever the outfit is, it will surely guide my path.

I will never own expensive name brands. I probably will never put more than mascara and lip gloss on for make-up, and I will probably never take more than ten minutes to do my hair. But what I will do is get dressed. I will put on the tennis shoes, or the casual boots, or some heels, because I am choosing not to stay in my pajamas today.

Today, I think I will put on my running shoes...













Live Large and Be Free!






  

No comments:

Post a Comment