Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Life is like an airplane ride



Life is an airplane ride?  What a cliche!  You must have thought I meant it's an adventure to new places, right?  Wrong.  What I meant is that life is like sitting in an airplane seat.  Although you are ready to travel to new and/or old places you find yourself stuck in a tiny seat, bumping elbows with strangers, and watching the slow hands of a ticking clock- are we there yet?  As I sit in my confining section, I lament to myself, I deserve first class, sipping mimosas, utilizing a hot towel to refresh me, and stewards at my beck and call. But lo, I am here in 3rd, 5th, or whatever class-less section, eagerly awaiting my free water and suffering the jerks and spasms of the food tray behind me. 

Isn't this how it's always been?  Bumping elbows, hurrying up to wait, and wishing for more?  For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted more.  I am the Queen Diva for wanting more.  I think it started back in first grade when my sole purpose in life was to make my wonderful, beautiful teacher love me and notice me.  I don't believe the want has ever stopped.  Selfish you say?  Well of course I am!  Who isn't?  I don't think I am the inventor of the concept for wanting more.  I am just more persistent in it.  

As the persistence grows I feel my small, little space shrinking.  My airplane seat is soon to eject me.

Confessions of Livin Large is where I am in life.  I am ready to be brutally honest.  Shamelessly wordy.  And wonderfully free.

I can't wait to see what my wacky brain will tell my willing fingers to type.

Until then...Live Large and Be Free!



No comments:

Post a Comment